cyclone electro-winning system
Cyclone Electro-winning technology has a number of significant advantages over conventional electro winning as a simple, single step method for treating polymetallic solutions and overcoming the requirement to return the contained copper to the process. The key benefits;
- In comparison with conventional tank the Cyclone Electro-winning technology is capable of application at significantly higher current densities. The result is a considerable increase in production rate per square meter of cathode and resultant lowering in capital costs.
- From an engineering point of view, the Cyclone Electro-winning circuit is extremely simple and has few moving parts. It is modular in construction and suits progressive installation/expansion and ease of relocation.
- The operating windows under which the technology maintains high current efficiency and product quality are extremely broad – with one of the technology’s inherent features being its capability to electrowinning metals efficiently down to very low concentrations.
- The cell is totally enclosed and does not result in an ‘acid mist’ problem – with consequent and potentially significant savings in capital cost in building and infrastructure.
- No additives are used to maintain high product quality and electrowinning is generally performed at ambient temperature.
- The Cyclone Electro-winning cell is more tolerant of contaminants in solution than a conventional cell.
- Its high mass transport capabilities maximize recovery of the target metal and thereby minimize co-plating of other metals. Its closed nature and the lack of a ‘waterline’ in the cell result in significantly higher tolerance to entrained organic and chlorides. In its standard configuration, the cell does not contain a lead-based anode, therefore excluding a potential source of contamination of the product.
- Capital cost of the electrowinning circuit is relatively low, particularly considering the size of the operation.
- Our patented technology of the EW is different than other cyclone electro-winning system or EMEW by rotating cathode and graphene coated electrode.